Dunwoody, Georgia is a bustling suburb of Atlanta known for its great schools, strong job market, and high quality of life. Located near major centers of business and culture, Dunwoody is a popular place for families to settle down.
The city is also home to numerous parks and trails, as well as a range of cultural attractions, including the Dunwoody Nature Center and the Perimeter Mall. From small-town charm to big-city appeal, Dunwoody is the ideal place to call home.
From its rich history to its stunning parks and natural attractions, Dunwoody has a lot to offer visitors. In this blog post, we’ll explore what Dunwoody, GA is known for and what makes it famous. Whether you’re a nature lover, a history buff, or just looking for a fun day out, there’s something for everyone in Dunwoody.
1. Dunwoody is home to Georgia’s first Whole Foods Market. The store opened in 1984 and is still in operation in Perimeter Mall today.
2. It was newly incorporated Georgia city in 2008 and is the state’s eighth-largest city by population.
3. The city is named after Major Charles Dunwody, a Civil War hero who fought in the Battle of Atlanta.
4. Dunwoody is home to the Art Institute of Atlanta, making it an arts and culture hub.
5. The area is known for its top-rated public schools, according to the Georgia Department of Education. The district also boasts an International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
6. Brook Run Park is the largest park in Dunwoody and it is home to the popular Dunwoody International Festival.
7. The city is an attractive location for businesses due to its proximity to the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
8. Dunwoody is known for its “great tree-lined streets” and is a perfect location for walkers, runners and cyclists.
9. Dunwoody Village is a popular entertainment hotspot with a shopping center, outdoor seating, landscaped walking paths, and cozy cafes.
10. The city of Dunwoody is also home to the Georgia High School Association State Soccer Championship.
Dunwoody is a city located in DeKalb County, Georgia, United States. It is a suburb of Atlanta, and is located just north of Atlanta’s city limits. It is bordered by Sandy Springs to the north, Brookhaven and Doraville to the east, Chamblee to the southeast, and Dunwoody is to the south and west.
Dunwoody was created as a city in December of 2008, making it one of the newest cities in all of Georgia. The city was formed out of unincorporated DeKalb County, and was named after businessman and civil engineer Charles Dunwody, who reportedly played a role in making the area a railway headquarters in the late 1800s.
The area was initially a dense forest inhabited by Native American tribes such as the Creek, Cherokee, and Creek. After the Trail of Tears, most of the Native Americans left the area, which was then settled by non-Native Americans.
Since its incorporation in 2008, Dunwoody has become an affluent suburb of Atlanta, offering its residents culture, shopping, and an array of restaurants. The city is home to many Fortune 500 companies such as AT&T, UPS, The Weather Channel and more. Its downtown area is home to the Dunwoody Farmers Market, as well as a variety of other shops and restaurants.
Dunwoody’s parks and recreation are highlighted by Dunwoody Village and Brook Run Park. Dunwoody Village is a large shopping area that contains a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment. Brook Run Park is a large area of trails, fields, playgrounds, and sports courts. It also houses the Dunwoody Nature Center, which is home to a variety of educational programs, including nature walks, summer camps, and more.
Know more about Georgia
16 Oct, 2023
5 Oct, 2023
12 Sep, 2023
8 Sep, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023