To Apply for a visa: need "one-year health insurance" – but can only book insurance for 365 days

4/3/2015 11:48:35 AM

First, it would help if you told us where you permanently reside. Indeed, if you are from the Quebec province, there is an agreement between the RAMQ (medical insurance in Quebec) and the French Sécurité Sociale.

If you are from somewhere else, you might still find some insurances covering for more than a year. I found Bon Voyage, Desjardins (but they say you should call them for such a long duration). These are for Canada (found here), there are probably some for your permanent residence country.

In general, I let you check this page from, which contains information about the WHV for France (in French, but I guess you can read French). They have explained the different procedures depending on where you reside. And this forum covers specifically insurances (apparently the people there are mostly Canadians, though).

About me

Hello,My name is Aparna Patel,I’m a Travel Blogger and Photographer who travel the world full-time with my hubby.I like to share my travel experience.

Search Posts

Latest posts